Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Review: Prodigy by Marie Lu

First of all, I need to point out that I absolutely love the covers of this series. I mean, it is awesome. Also, did you know that Day's chapters are blue? The text is blue? How friggin' cool is that?!


Synopsis:

June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.


My Review:

Legend was so utterly amazing, that by default, I believed that Prodigy would have to be a step down, because - aren't the sequels always?

But it so wasn't. I cannot tell you if Prodigy exceeded the awesomeness that was Legend, because I just finished it and everything else seems irrelevant. (I existed before this...?)

I can't help but fall completely in love with the characters even more than in the first novel. The writing is brilliant, the plot is exciting and filled with action, and Day is still swoon-worthy.

And that ending! Absolutely breaktaking. Absolutely perfect. Absolutely heartbreaking. I may need a moment to compose myself, I am getting emotional.

There are so many words I want to say about this book, but I just cannot find the right combination, and am probably just wasting Everyone's time by typing this out. I feel like I just need to sit for a while. I need a recovery period.

Basically, if you have not yet read Legend. Do it. Read it. Fall in love. Misery loves company, and I want you to join my in the sure to be agonizing wait for Champion. (Not sure if I will make it...)

As I write this, know that because I COULD NOT put this book down, I will be very tired tomorrow and likely fail my chemistry test.

But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment